If you daughter is turning 15 years old in the next few weeks, you may be planning out all the details for her quinceanera celebration. Both family and friends may come out to the venue to celebrate her transition from a little girl to a young woman. As a way of thanking the guests for coming to your daughter’s quinceanera, you can make party favors that will look just as good as they taste without costing you too much money.
Dipped Sugar Cookie Pearl Treats: Beautiful and Flavorful Party Favors
These treats are easy to make and only require three main ingredients.
- Pre-packaged sugar cookies
- Chocolate candy melts (any flavor/color)
- 2-oz round sugar beads
- Wax paper
- Baking sheet
- 4 x 6 clear plastic bags
- Ribbon or twist ties
If you can’t find all the ingredients at a local grocery store, you can check your local craft store for them instead. If your daughter has a color theme chosen for the quinceanera, you can pick matching candy melts.
- Set wax paper on top of a baking sheet. Spread your cookies on top of the wax paper.
- Set your cookies into the freezer and allow them to get cold. You’ll want to leave them in the freezer for 30-45 minutes.
- Begin melting your candy melts 3-5 minutes before pulling the cookies out of the freezer. If you don’t have an electric chocolate melter, you can melt them down by placing them in a bowl and heating them for 20 seconds at a time in your microwave until you have a thick chocolate consistency without lumps.
- Place your melted chocolate on the table, along with your frozen cookies. Set a separate bowl on the table and fill it up with 2-oz round sugar beads.
- Grab one cookie by its edges with your two fingers, dip it into the chocolate candy melts on one side, and then quickly dab that same side of the cookie in sugar beads. Set the cookie down on the wax paper with the sugar beads facing the ceiling and repeat the process with the rest of your cookies.
- Place the cookies into the fridge to keep them cool for 3-4 hours. Place a 4 x 6 clear plastic bag over each cookie, sealing it shut with ribbon or a decorative twist tie. Add custom stickers with your daughter’s name on each plastic bag if you’d like.
You can set these elegant cookie treats on display for everyone at the quinceanera to see. They’ll look elegant and pretty, but they’ll have a great flavor to them as well. You can make these elegant, tasty, and affordable party favors for your daughter’s quinceanera in just one day.
For more help with food for your daughter’s quinceanera, contact a company like Elmcrest Banquets by Biancalana.